Chancellor’s Classified Staff Fellowship
Applications are NOW being accepted
FOR THE 2019-2020 CHANCELLOR’S FELLOWSHIP
FOR CLASSIFIED STAFF
The Chancellor is pleased to announce the opening of the application period for the 2019-2020 Classified Fellowship program for community college and System Office employees. The selected awardees will be named as Chancellor’s Fellows to pursue degree studies that will enhance their ability to contribute to the community college mission.
The Chancellor’s Fellowship includes the following:
- Financial support for tuition and mandatory fees
- One semester or one academic year leave of absence with 3/4 pay
- Continuation of insurance, retirement, the State’s portion of health insurance and seniority
- Be employed 3 consecutive years (as of the date of application) in a full-time, state-funded classified position at a community college or the System Office
- Be enrolled or accepted in a degree program from a Virginia state-supported institution of higher education
- Be recommended by the president or Chancellor in the case of a System Office candidate
- Submit a completed application form with essay and a resume
- Include 3 letters of endorsement
- Submit verification of acceptance in a degree program or submit transcripts if currently enrolled.
Application Due Date: APRIL 15, 2019
The Chancellor’s Classified Staff Fellowship is administered by VCCS Human Resources.
Questions and applications can be directed to Catherine Puckett or (804) 819-1670.